Author Topic: A must have for FSX...  (Read 8781 times)

Offline Pamela Brooker/TWVA-KJFK

• View Profile
A must have for FSX...
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
No seriously.. Its a must have.. Its called "Shade" and costs a whole 12 bucks US.  Its available at Flightsimstore..
What shade does is works with the lighting inside FSX to increase depth of field, contrast color resolution and a whle lot more. Unlike ENB series, it does not use shaders and it has zero impact on your frame rates.   Created by mogwaisoft and programmed by gizmo himself ( a very old trusted and respected team mate of mine from australia ) this utility in the last couple days has proven itself to be something that everyone should have. You can read about it here http://shadeforfsx.blogspot.com/ and below are some images taken with different presets I created off the top of my  head, including one for tornado weather..

• View Profile
Re: A must have for FSX...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 02:44:42 PM »
ps, apologies for the sizes. These are all in 1024 format for use on the SOH forums.. If yopu have fire fix you can ctrl-mousewheel out to see the entire image..
Pam

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
Pam,
Thanks for sharing. That looks really cool and for $12 US Dollars I think it is very reasonable. Like the pics, shows the many ways the product is used. Also, I like the P-61 plug in there!  ;D JK!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 02:01:30 AM »
I'll be honest.. the Widow has become a part of who i am, or maybe I've become a part of what it is.. Not sure. its like a piece of my soul, and it most certainly has a whole lot of my blood sweat and tears in it.. Like me, its not the fastest rabbit in the hutch, but unlike me, it still looks pretty darned good up in its natural element.. If, by some miracle, I can in some small way, help to preserve the memories of the men who flew, maintained fought and died in these planes by making this one, well, i dont know. At least I'll have accomplished something worthwhile for once in my life..
Pam