Software Setup > kACARS_Free

Can't install due to newer version

(1/3) > >>

Mark Rudd/OVA5278:
Hi, I hve flown on the past using I'm sure kACARS_Free. But since had a PC failure, took some time to rebuild etc etc. Now I want to continue here but I can't install the acars system on my PC. I fly for another VA using kACARS_Free but it's a newer version. So this version wont install no matter where I direct the install to go ( I have 3 drives).

I'd rather use an ACARS system rather then a manual pirep but I don't see any other option. I don't know how I did it previously (sadly only 2 flights) as I have flown for the other VA for some time.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Mark.

Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX:
OK, see if this will work for you.  Do you have another computer or laptop that you don't use for Flight Sim?  If so, you can install the version 1.0.1.1 from the TWVA FLEET, New Arrivals Section on it.

If so, I believe it installs to C:\FS-Products folder.  Copy that folder to one of your data drives of your Flight Sim Computer (preferably not the drive with your newer version of kACars installed on it).  Then try launching the kACARS.exe from that folder (as administrator) to see if it will let you setup a VA Profile for TWA and use that launch location for the v1.0.1.1 that the TWA site requires.

I was able to do that on my non-FS computer and get it to launch and connect to the TWA site.  However, it does not have flight sim on it to test connection to the simulator.  I believe it will work, as I think kACARS looks at the registry to tell it where Flight Sim is installed.  All of its' settings regarding VA and user profiles are stored in a config file of whatever folder you are running kACARS from.

Mark Rudd/OVA5278:
OK thank you, I will try that.

Mark Rudd/OVA5278:

--- Quote from: Mark Rudd/OVA5278 on February 16, 2022, 05:26:23 AM ---OK thank you, I will try that.

--- End quote ---

That worked. Thanks.

Brian Wilber/Ozark CEO:
A big thanks to my good friend Marty. Glad to see you up and running with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version