Author Topic: TWA Cargo - new mission  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
TWA Cargo - new mission
« on: December 13, 2020, 11:37:22 AM »
I primarily fly in P3D4; however my two favorite airplanes of all time, the Captain Sim 707 and 727 series, are not available for 64 bit, so to use them I fly them in FSX Steam.

I recently stumbled across the fact that the Thomas Ruth 727 series had been upgraded to FSX, tried it out and found it will work in P3D4 so I gave it a try.

This is a fictitious repaint of a 727-200 cargo bird using the provided paint kit. It is posed for takeoff at Willow Run (KYIP) west of Detroit. It is a pretty good freight locaton, and in reality is a base for Kalitta Air Cargo. You may recall they provided some crucial airlift of US citizens out of China when this whole COVID crisis came on stage. A few of my AI Kalitta planes are in the background.

I am about to fly a second flight today with this airplane on the same route I used this AM in FSX-SE with my Captain Sim 727-200 freighter. I want to  to cross check performance. I already have done a little tweaking of cruise performance fuel flow vs speed and weight at altitude.

The VC cockpit is VERY good for freeware. However, engine N1/N2 and EPR gauge readings are kinda crazy.
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline BrianNinness/TWA2212

• View Profile
Re: TWA Cargo - new mission
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 12:34:10 PM »
What is the website you got it from Mike?

Looks good.

Brian

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
Re: TWA Cargo - new mission
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
Brian -

I got the whole huge bunch - all versions - here. Takes a time to download for free, but well worth it

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24777/fsx-boeing-727-100-200-adv-mega-pack/

R/Mike
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

incident-prescription