Author Topic: FS9 and FSX issues  (Read 4074 times)

Offline Brian Stevens/TWA2116

• View Profile
FS9 and FSX issues
« on: June 14, 2020, 12:46:21 PM »
So I have been out of the cockpit for a bit.  Tried to reinstall FS9 and FSX to my windows 10 machine and no joy.  Common issue from my research but all the fixes didn't work for me.  Not sure if I didn't do them correctly.  Super frustrating I must say.  But on a side note FS2020 looks amazing and I hope my rig will play it.  Hoping to get a chance to BETA test.   Mike Concannon please keep me around I promise to get back into the air asap. ;D I am continuing to troubleshoot in the meantime!
"Aus Bayern"

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
Re: FS9 and FSX issues
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:23:57 AM »
OK Brian - keep the faith. Persistence will pay off.

Do you have a boxed or downloaded version of FSX? Is FSX original FSX, or FSX Steam?
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Brian Stevens/TWA2116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
Boxed deluxe version.
"Aus Bayern"

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 01:52:50 AM »
Does it just not start up, try to start and just dump, get to an initial screen, or what?
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 12:52:55 AM »
I dont know about FS9, but FSX has grown SO much since 2012 it simply can no longer be compared. It's long been a suspicion of mine that these older programs obsolete themselves and need to be upgraded or replaced to stay functional. FSX is no different.
No, I know a lot of us dont like the evil empire that is Valve Corporation ( aka Steam ), BUT, FSX IS on sale for $6.74 till July 9th. Thats less than a cup of Cappuccino, and it runs beautifully.. Please allow me to make that recommendation. It's very much worth it.. 
Pam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X_Steam_Edition/

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:00:43 AM by Pam Brooker »
That I should never forget!

incident-prescription