Author Topic: Back to square one  (Read 6560 times)

Offline Brian Wilber/Ozark CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Back to square one
« on: October 24, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »
Well, a lot of people have been praying that it wouldn't come to this, but it has. As most of you know, I had a tumor removed from my bladder in Feb. 2016, and because it was only in the lining and not the muscle, followed it up with two years of treatments that are designed to keep it from returning. Since then, I have been undergoing close monitoring very frequently.

Last February, a mysterious growth showed up and a biopsy was done that showed it to be benign. Another cystoscopy this summer showed more unusual growth, so back we go for another biopsy. This time not so good.

While still cancer, it is different. The first was a tumor which is an outgrowth. This time it is what doctors refer to as "flat cancer." It is more or less a lesion. The good news is, it has not gone into the muscle, so it is treatable. It was removed during the biopsy, so further surgery should not be needed, but the bad news is, I will have start those treatments all over again, and at the end of the first round, it was very painful. It's not like I have a choice, though, so treatments I will do.

I have already had prayer answered. The VA has a new program called CHOICE, that allows me to go to a private practice in Savannah to have these treatments, only an hour away at most, as opposed to driving to Charleston, SC which is at least two and a half hours away. The VA is still footing the bill, whew!

So, I covet your prayers, and I know my Lord will take care of me through it all. My verse in the midst of it all is Rom 8:28 - "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
Re: Back to square one
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 05:09:18 PM »
God be with you, Bruce!  The new VA process will help you immensely.

Thinking of your problems, mine seem relatively small

Mike
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 07:04:05 PM »
So sorry to hear this. Set backs can be so discouraging.  Praying for peace, strength, and vision to see beyond.
May He be extra close to you in this time.

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 05:42:46 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this Brian but know our good Lord will take care of you. I'll absolutely keep you in our prayers and hope you get the strength needed.

Offline Tom Burrill/TWVA1981

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
Thinking of you and sending prayers in your direction as a prostate cancer survivor I always approach my yearly testing with caution as a cancer diagnosis always changes your life. Wishing you the best through the course of treatment and beyond.

Offline Brian Wilber/Ozark CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »
Thank you all. It's encouraging having friends like you all.

incident-prescription