Author Topic: New STL Pilot  (Read 9894 times)

Offline Perry Fincher/TWVA1732

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
New STL Pilot
« on: June 26, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »
We have a new pilot for our St. Louis Hub:

Please welcome new KSTL pilot Katrina Hancock, TWVA2303

Welcome to St. Louis!!!!!!!!!

Offline Howard Lindsay/TWVA451

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: New STL Pilot
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
Katrina, welcome to TWVA

Katrina Hancock-TWR2303

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 04:31:02 PM »
Hey guys! Thank you for the warm welcome. I also joined Ozark as well. Just one question, what are the rules of flying Retro Aircraft?  Like what rank do I have to be to fly certain frames or should I just use common sense and Consider a 707 a Cat 3 plane, L 1011 cat 4, Connie Cat 2 and Martin etc a Cat 1?

Also Am I allowed to Fly the JS-31 and Dash 7? I know they flew for TWE as well.

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »
Katrina, you can fly any TWA aircraft on the weekend Thurs to Sun, no rank involved. Also you can fly the Berlin Airlift Summer 2018 special that will run until Aug 31. So Katrina get in that 707 or 747 on the weekend and build up your hours faster.
Berlin Airlift Summer 2018 special info
http://www.ozarkva.net/forums/index.php?topic=2812.0
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 10:45:46 AM by Howard Lindsay/TWVA451 »

Offline Perry Fincher/TWVA1732

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 02:28:18 PM »
Thanks Howard!!
You beat me to it.
Appreciate the help!!

Katrina Hancock-TWR2303

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 06:16:22 PM »
I get that guys but that is not what I asked.

I asked about what categories do Retro Aircraft fall under? Since they are not listed under the main fleet only the "Modern planes" are.

I also asked if the JS-31 and Dash 7 are available for flight, since both were used in real life with TWE but are not on our fleet page.

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »

I asked about what categories do Retro Aircraft fall under? Since they are not listed under the main fleet only the "Modern planes" are.

I also asked if the JS-31 and Dash 7 are available for flight, since both were used in real life with TWE but are not on our fleet page.

1. Retro Division aircraft are available at the trainee rating.  So if you search for all the schedules in the "Trans World Retro Division", the flights and aircraft, (707, 727, L1011, DC3, DC4, DC9 etc), are available to trainees. 

2. You are correct.  The JS-31 and some others are not available in the TWVA Hanger.  This is due mostly to finding an acceptable model and livery that we can get rights to either host on the site or provide redirection downloads.  You will also find some "holes" in our TWVA flight schedules for certain aircraft for that same reason ... finding data that is accurate and we can reuse.

Lastly, TWVA does allow substitution of aircraft on schedules to allow pilots to fly some of their favorite freeware and payware birds.  All we ask is that the aircraft be of comparable range and capacity, and to include a comment in the PIREP about what aircraft was flown.  As an example, I enjoy the freeware Thomas Ruth DC-10 and substitute it on some of our L-1011 flights.  By the same token, substituting an L-1049 for a L-1011 is not really valid due to range and seating capacities.  Check with your Hub Manager if you have a question about something being compatible for substitution.

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »
Marty, " Retro Division aircraft are available at the trainee rating." I did not know this, thanks for this information.

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 03:41:17 PM »
Marty, " Retro Division aircraft are available at the trainee rating." I did not know this, thanks for this information.

To tell the truth ... I had to go look in the database on the retro aircraft settings.  I had a vague recollection from back when the division was inaugurated ... but had to go look and see to verify.

Katrina Hancock-TWR2303

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 08:18:23 PM »
Thank you Marty for that Answer.

Basically just use common sense for retro planes and former unlisted fleet types and I'm good to go.

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 02:47:57 AM »
Katrina:
Heres an example of how far these folks will go to make sure you have a good time.. I dont fly much any more because of my health, but when i do, it's in this lil guy..
Retro Livery::

That I should never forget!

Offline BrianNinness/TWA2212

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 04:20:05 PM »
That is super nice looking plane Pam! Is that Prepar3d or X-plane? I should make the jump out of FSX-SE but the inner cheapskate in me is hanging on.

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »
I am waaaay late to this party and I apologize Katrina. Welcome to TWVA and the family. Looks like we got some of your early issues ironed out but if you need anything please don't hesitate asking.