Author Topic: New STL Pilot  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Perry Fincher/TWVA1732

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
New STL Pilot
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »
We have a new pilot for our St. Louis Hub:

Please welcome new KSTL pilot Luis Francisco Chiquero Caballero, TWVA2286

Welcome to St. Louis!!!!!!!!!

Offline Francisco Chiquero/TWA2286

• View Profile
Re: New STL Pilot
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 06:42:01 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name in Francisco, a spaniard living in France, passionate about planes since I was a kid and a very lucky one to have flown TWA when I was 15......many moons ago!

I fly in real life for an airline called easyJet based in Paris Orly airport (ORY) rated on the A320 and over 3000 hours on type.

Names like TWA will always be in the heart of all of us who love aviation so when I found out I could "wear" its uniform I couldn't resist joining in.

If I can be if any help or if anyone is up for a chat about commercial aviation please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks!

Francisco
:)

Offline Howard Lindsay/TWVA451

• Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 12:36:52 AM »
Francisco, welcome to TWVA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »
Many thanks Howard!  :)

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »
Welcome aboard Francisco!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »
Many thanks Charlie!

Looking forward to chatting about the CRJ 😀

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »
I enjoy flying the 700/900 models of the CRJ, but glad I don't have to fly the 200 anymore!

Offline PC-12 Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »
Welcome Francisco!

My name is Norm. Although I'm not a TWVA pilot (yet), TWA is a big part of me. Worked for STL (not TWA) for 18 years, so I got to see the good and the bad. This is a fantastic site and even though I haven't taken full advantage of all the offerings, I've been treated as though I've been a lifetime member here. Well, except for Charlie! (sorry man, couldn't resist!)

In reality, Charlie let me make my contribution here and was more than proud to do so.

Welcome sir!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »
Hi PC-12 Fan!

Many thanks for your kind words. Wow! 18 years working in STL is nearly a life! Even you may have seen the good and the not so good I am pretty sure you ended up here because the good memories outweight the bad ones.

Why aren't you flying with TWVA yet? Which is the contribution you are making? I see you have more than 100 posts so  you must be somehow involved with the airline, flight simulation, Ozark or something close.

I am glad I discovered TWVA, the people here have been very kind and warm, as the memory of the real airline should be. In the end memories are the only things will carry with us to the orher life so let's allow on board only the good ones!

Thanks again PC-12 Fan

PD: Charlie, why didn't you like flying the 700? I was always very surprised by the pitch attitude during the approach of that plane but other than that looks to me like a business jet :)

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 10:07:39 AM »
Norm has been helpful and created our custom seat maps for one as well as help contribute to other various projects to help bring back the old feel of TWA.

I spent about 2 years flying the -200 Francisco and I did enjoy the plane but doesnt have some of the redundancy the 700/900 has and the lack of leading edge devices does make for an unusual landing approach as you pointed out.

Offline PC-12 Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 02:33:20 PM »
Charlie,

Thanks for replying on my behalf. Been a bit side tracked lately. Many thanks sir!

Francisco,

I just have not had the time to fly like I wish I could. Been out of the "cockpit" so long that I may need another flight check just to qualify!  :D That someday will come though. As Charlie stated, I'm just a guy in STL that still has a lot of "red and white" running in my blood and I am honored to have my name associated with this site.

Merry Christmas!