Author Topic: AWOL airplane???  (Read 6091 times)

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
AWOL airplane???
« on: December 06, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »
So i was looking for a shorty flight today in the Saab 340 ( S34 ) but i couldnt find it in the aircraft list.. am I not looking in the correct place? Has it been removed?? Is it simply awol??
Pam
That I should never forget!

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
Re: AWOL airplane???
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »
Pam - look for "SF3" - I guess for swearingen - Fairchild 300 series or such. Lots of flights
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »
Cool. thanks Mike.. I'll give that a shot..  been having a hell of a time finding aircraft that work in XP-11 so far. seems that anything before XP-10 is not supported for one reason or another.. S34 is one that does. but its an XP-10 plane.. CRJ-200 has been updated to XP-11 and a compatibility patch has been released for the CH-300, but we dont fly bombardier.. ::sigh::  777 is broken, x737-800 works, MD-80 and rotate MD-82 work, E-170 Evo works, E-195 works, ERJ-140 is a disaster, EMB-110 Bandit kinda works. Very frustrating ::LOL:: I still need to test XACARS..

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:57:58 PM »
A long time ago ... when the earth's crust was still cooling off ... the original TWVA aircraft database utilized the IATA 3 digit codes for aircraft.  ((possibly due to a 3 digit system restriction)). 

Fast forward to the present and although the phpVMS system now in place allows for more characters, the IATA codes have been continued when adding new equipment to the fleet.  My source of reference for the aircraft codes has been this link:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ICAO_aircraft_type_designators

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:16:07 PM »
Whats confusing me is that the Saab 340 and the Swearingen -fairchild are two completely different aircraft. I cant help but think that when i came back, I did do a flight in an S34 Saab and it was listed that way, but, is no longer there..Happy to change, no problems there. Its just kinda weird.. 

incident-prescription
incident-prescription