Author Topic: Charter Flight  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Charter Flight
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:52:01 PM »
Used the TWAFREE flight option to speculate on a US Navy charter flight from KORF - EGLL with the POSKY 747-100.  If you haven't flown into KORF, I highly recommend it.  Lots of bridges, ships, and port to provide landmarks to the approaches.

Inbound flight from KDFW to KORF with the CS727-100 ... passing over the ship yards at Newport News / Hampton VA area:

V1 Rotate out of KORF, bound for EGLL:

ActiveSky had some rain to climb thru out of Norflok:

The TWAFREE option on FRI-SAT-SUN is a great way to pick a bird, origination, and destination.  Use it a lot to do flights that I have taken in real life ... adds just that little bit more to the sim.  8)

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
Re: Charter Flight
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »
Ahhh - the memories!

Virginia Beach suburbs, the aircraft carrier piers at the main Naval Station, Oceana NAS, Little Creek Amphibious Base across the river, Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company, Norfolk Naval Shipyard, endless numbers of Navy and commercial ships heading out to sea via the Hampton Roads channel. Norfolk Naval Station, still the largest naval base in the world.

Check out the Hampton Roads bridge / tunnel, 17 miles connecting to the eastern shore of the DEL-MAR-VA peninsula, allowing shipping to come south from Baltimore to the open ocean in a timely fashion.

Also an incredible coal shipping point, serviced in past times by the Norfolk and Western, Western Maryland, Chesapeake and Ohio, Southern and others.

Nice choice, Marty
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:20:37 PM by Michael Concannon /OVA5155 »
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »
Very cool Marty. The airline I fly for has a crew base in Norfolk so I'm in and out of there on trips from time to time. We also serve Newport News. It really is a cool area and lots to see on approach and departure. I can't wait to get back to the sim world this winter. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Offline PC-12 Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »
Fantastic work Marty. I mean this as a total compliment but your work is so good on a regular basis that it's almost becoming boringly expected.

Please, keep boring me!  :D

John Hightower/5226

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »
Great shots!

incident-prescription
incident-prescription