Author Topic: PMDG 747-400 Repaint  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
PMDG 747-400 Repaint
« on: September 24, 2015, 06:41:39 PM »
I have the PMDG 747-400 for FSX, but there is no add on texture for the FSX version, but one freeware repaint is available for FS2004. Unfortunately the FSX version uses dds textures, the FS2004 uses bmp files.

Luckily, the physical models are the same, so I used the freeware DXTBmp program to convert the bmp files to dds files; the bmp files  all had to be flipped vertically before converting. This seems to be common in such conversions, even though the physical models may be the same.

Although I like to fly with steam gauges and old fashioned nav, I do like learning about modern automated performance and navigation through an FMC. The PMDG model is incredibly well done both in physical appearance and systems operation.

If anyone wants my texture folder let me know and I can get it to you.

It also hand-flies extremely well, including flap retraction  / extension, speed changes, and full manual approach to landing!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:46:54 PM by Michael Concannon /OVA5155 »
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: PMDG 747-400 Repaint
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
Sweet looking bird!
The stripes out on the winglets are way cool.  8)

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: PMDG 747-400 Repaint
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »
Michael, thanks for posting this because I know we do have some PMDG users here. Fairly confident they will be interested in this thread. And I agree with Marty, that winglet design is awesome.

incident-prescription
incident-prescription