Author Topic: TWA Cargp McDonnell-Douglas DC10-30/CF (fictional)  (Read 8353 times)

Offline Darrin Redick/TWVA2084

• Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!
    • View Profile
TWA Cargp McDonnell-Douglas DC10-30/CF (fictional)
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
Hi fellow TWA pilots!

For those of you who don't follow Facebook,or Flightsim.com, I thought I'd share this SPECIAL REQUEST!   :)

The engine stripes I based off of a TWA B767 during their later years.

[attachment deleted by admin]
TWVA Fleet Manager

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: TWA Cargp McDonnell-Douglas DC10-30/CF (fictional)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »
Interesting with that solid red tail.  Like the engine stripes as well. 

The 767-200 we have in the fleet downloads have those stripes and it really makes it shine.

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »
Nice job Darrin!

Offline Darrin Redick/TWVA2084

• Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:37:58 PM »
@Marty - I cannot (and do not) take credit for the design.  It was what was requested, and I did my best within the limitations of not having a paintkit.   :D

@Charlie - thanks.  One of the best I have done, given the fact that the font I used on the fuselage wasn't an "exact" match - had to fiddle with it a bit to get it to "look right".   :D
TWVA Fleet Manager

Offline Doug Moeller TWVA-VPOPS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 09:36:03 AM »
I my have requested it, but Darrin's talented brush gets all the credit....my only issue here is why isn't uploaded to the site.....
Its a great plane...flies like a charm, but not used to the analog flight display....landing was a bear till I figured something was still on....HJT offers a beautiful airplane BUT this may be a cargo plane and with all the animation in FSX the non working cargo doors are a real bummer!!

When Charlie and I started with the cargo flights a few years ago the DC1o was a have to! So here it is in all its glory, really sorry Darrin I didn't get to you earlier....old excuse but all work and no play makes for a dull day!! Another fantastic paint!

Doug Moeller

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:29:54 PM »
I had a feeling this might have been your request but the no winglets threw me off, haha. And as for upload, I have no problems offering it to the pilot group with Darrin permission. But I heard or read this was a private request and didn't want to interfere.

Offline Doug Moeller TWVA-VPOPS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:47:51 PM »
Charley the DC10 was always one of my favorites....when DOUGLAS introduced the DC10-30 with the extra landing gear under the belly that was a major selling point for me!! It looked so cool landing, you knew what it was just by the gear....
This airplane here is a great plane....has great features only to come up short with the big cargo door non-operating...MAJOR bummer!!

As we have talked some time ago with cargo planes and routes the DC10 was a happy middle from the 707 and the L-1011.....

Doug

incident-prescription