Author Topic: A 17nm Cruise  (Read 6163 times)

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
A 17nm Cruise
« on: April 06, 2015, 06:16:33 PM »
TFFJ is on of the History Channel's 10 most deadly airports.  After 2 missed approaches and a rather hard landing, the passengers departing my flight SC006 referred to me as 'Skipper' and my first officer as 'Gilligan'.  My only condolence was that it didn't take 3 hours.   ::)

Departing TNCM for the short 17 mile flight:

Missed approach #1 - High and Right:

Departing the cursed runway at TFFJ:

Airing Out the Otter after the rather pungent biological physical response to the landing at TFFJ:

Honestly, I have done a decent landing at TFFJ .... about 3 years ago.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcIFiJX5jlk

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:23:14 PM by Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX »

Offline Tim Hobin/TWVA1713

• KLAX Polar Ops Chief
    • View Profile
Re: A 17nm Cruise
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 02:17:27 AM »
Up in Yellowknife with RCAF 440Sq and the CC138's, we called that type of Approach/Landing a Bump fart and skip all in one ;D Excellent shot of my favorite RW Turbine.

The USCG and DHS Pimp me out. I love It!!

Offline Brian Wilber/Ozark CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:44:15 AM »
No shame, Marty. That is a bugger of an airport to get into. I remember March Madness, too. We need to do another groupie soon.

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:02:37 AM »
Very nice shots Marty! Looking forward to joining everyone here soon on this adventure. Schedule hasn't been kind to my flight sim desires! haha

And Brian, I was just thinking about that. It has been a while and would be fun to try and get another one set up. I think it is time for some planning.

Offline Doug Moeller TWVA-VPOPS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 09:19:11 AM »
May have taken three attempts...but you landed right down center....!!! Works for me!! Nice job buddy!!

Doug