Author Topic: XP-11 X-Crafts ERJ 135/Legacy..  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
XP-11 X-Crafts ERJ 135/Legacy..
« on: May 01, 2020, 02:25:52 AM »
That I should never forget!

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: XP-11 X-Crafts ERJ 135/Legacy..
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:47:44 AM »
Nice looking paint job !

I have their ERJ 175 that I am trying to put the TWA "what-if" paint scheme on.  It's slow going and currently working on trying to get that globe detail on the tail.  Hope to be able to use it on some of the Challenge airport destinations.

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 09:33:58 PM »
Thanks Marty :)
I ended up using the American Airlies (Stripe) livery as a template for the top of the nose.. I wont kid you. It was frustrating, and with my old eyes and hands, it certainly wasnt the best jo I've ever done.. It seems that X-crafts still does their UV Maps the way maps were done for FS9 wit slab sides and curved flat spaces causing lines to get broader.. quite a handful when your juggling even three layers at once, let alone the resulting six..  I'm not sure if I'll use the Legacy in the Challenge or not. Its quite the handful to fly and since I just bought it Wednesday I've got a ton to learn about it before I feel confident enough to drop it on some postage stamp of an airport anywhere..  Topping that, I'm waiting for new equipment to come in..  My Throttle arrived yesterday, so now I'm just waiting on the stick and a new keyboard I needed badly.. Hopefully it'll all be here by the end of next week..  I may try the same flight you reported with the twotter. I think I could do that one without much trouble.. As you might suspect, I've been flying around Papua New Guinea and Borneo lookng for bad weather and nightmare strips to play on, with the twotter and my Latecoere. Its been fun.. :)
That I should never forget!

Offline PC-12 Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »
That is a sharp looking bird. I like the blue on the cowlings.

Nice!

incident-prescription