Author Topic: Star Stream 737 XP-11  (Read 7782 times)

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
Star Stream 737 XP-11
« on: October 11, 2018, 09:20:38 PM »
That I should never forget!

Offline BrianNinness/TWA2212

• View Profile
Re: Star Stream 737 XP-11
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »
Nice looking -200 Pam! Did you paint that yourself?

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:53:05 AM »
Yes i did..  I was rather shocked when this aircraft didn't come with a TWA livery. It actually had me questioning whether TWA flew this bird or not for a moment, but a quick google reassured me, so i decided to create my own. The model was rendered using PBR, so this is just the beginning really. Theres a few more layers for normals and reflection that need to be added in  which i will be working on today if i can figure them out. I'm more than willing to share if anyone wants it.

Unlike the FJS 727, this plane has a rather lengthy take off roll. The 727-100 is capable of getting out of small strips rather effectively, provided you call using everything but the last one hundred feet of the apron effective. This plane needs a lot of runway. Also, the simplicity of its systems design, makes it perhaps the most complicated aircraft i have ever flown. You can use manual  inputs, Vor to Vor,  or FMS/Civa, and theres no switching between them. I prefer manual input, and doing thigs the very old fashioned way with just a map for navigation. It makes it fun.

Do keep your eye on RotateSim. Theyre developing a new study level MD-11 that looks to be simply spectacular.

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »
and here it is all complete.

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 01:34:25 PM »
Apparently TWA did have at least one 737-200, but I believe it was a Boeing trial sales pitch. The particular plane  actually became a SWA 737 but registered with a TWA R/N and does not show as ever being registered to TWA. It was scrapped at El Paso in 2013. Here is a picture of the real thing, TWA and SWA:(see attached; I have yet to figure out how to post a picture within a post!)

Boeing 737-2H4(A) N732TW
CN 22731
MSN 22731

In addition, perhaps a TWA Express linkup with one or more -200 operators might have existed for a short period??

Captain Sim makes an excellent 737-200 for FSX and is relatively cheap. It is similar quality to their 707 and 727, which, IMHO, are superb in all respects.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:03:12 PM by Michael Concannon /OVA5155 »
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 02:32:52 PM »
.... The model was rendered using PBR, ....

WOW, and I thought PBR only did cheap beer !   :P 8)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:50:05 PM by Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX »

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 05:50:44 PM »
Apparently TWA did have at least one 737-200, but I believe it was a Boeing trial sales pitch. The particular plane  actually became a SWA 737 but registered with a TWA R/N and does not show as ever being registered to TWA. It was scrapped at El Paso in 2013. Here is a picture of the real thing, TWA and SWA:(see attached; I have yet to figure out how to post a picture within a post!)

Boeing 737-2H4(A) N732TW
CN 22731
MSN 22731

In addition, perhaps a TWA Express linkup with one or more -200 operators might have existed for a short period??

Captain Sim makes an excellent 737-200 for FSX and is relatively cheap. It is similar quality to their 707 and 727, which, IMHO, are superb in all respects.

Unfortunately as I discovered with the twin stripe livery on this plane, I cant do nose and tail curves of the paint any more ( not that i was ever any good at them, but now its beyond my comprehension ).. If someone wants to do it though, I'm more than happy to supply a link or ship out the paint kit..

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »

Boeing 737-2H4(A) N732TW
CN 22731
MSN 22731

Ah!. Dont know about the link up possibilities. I dont believe that type of arrangement existed in the day. Airlines were still strong and independent entities that didnt cotton much to another airline butting into their business.
On the other hand, with todays environment, i could easily see the one world alliance,  which we're part of, doing yearly excursion flights on the old girl much like you can get with trains. Unfortunately, aircraft, unlike trains, are flown twenty four hours a day, seven days a week till their airframes give out and they have to be retired for safety's sake.

Offline Pam Brooker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »
.... The model was rendered using PBR, ....

WOW, and I thought PBR only did cheap beer !   :P 8)

:ROFLMAO:   A couple cases will still get you drunk ::LOL::