Author Topic: Repaint of Captain sim 757?  (Read 8623 times)

Offline Brian Smith/TWA2245

• View Profile
Repaint of Captain sim 757?
« on: July 30, 2017, 08:54:17 PM »
I'm looking for any sort of twa repaint for the captain sim 757-200.  Anyone have one or know where to find one?  I've checked captain sim and avsim

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: Repaint of Captain sim 757?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 02:48:06 PM »
If you have the FS9 version Captain 757, there was one in the Captain Sim free livery search at:  https://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/products.pl?action=showliveries

Select 757 (FS9) and the keyword TWA.  Done by a guy named David Sweetman.  The Captain Sim Legendary 727 & 707 I originally purchased for FS9 work in FSX and P3D when you find a compatible 2D panel to put in it.  As with most aircraft, I have found the gauge files, (and sometimes the sound files), used in FS9 is what keeps the aircraft from working in later versions.

Offline Brian Smith/TWA2245

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »
Thank you, Marty!  Sounds hopeful.  I like the 707 and the L1011, but I want to get the 757 going soon. Hopefully I'll be able to fly Category IV soon, and then I can get my 767 out again

Offline Marty Barnes / TWVA-KLAX

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
You can always trot that Category IV, 767 out on the TWA FREE Flight Weekends.  On FRI-SAT-SUN, TWVA allows pilots to pick your favorite TWA bird, destination, and arrival regardless of what your current category qualifications are.  Flights require the use of kACars and its' "charter" option, (no manual PIREP via the web page).  Just enter the flight number as TWAFREE.   Details are in the Pilot Handbook and available on the web page under "Inside TWA" and then "Pilot Resources". 

It's a great way to enjoy your favorite bird and be creative in your flight selections.  I use it alot.   ;)

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
Are you using the FSX version, do you use FSX, FSX Steam or what?

In any case, Sweetman's bmp files work. In FSX, I converted his bmp's to DDS to reduce folder space since many of the bmp's are not needed due to the shared texture file in the FSX CS 757 version.
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »
You can always trot that Category IV, 767 out on the TWA FREE Flight Weekends.  On FRI-SAT-SUN, TWVA allows pilots to pick your favorite TWA bird, destination, and arrival regardless of what your current category qualifications are.  Flights require the use of kACars and its' "charter" option, (no manual PIREP via the web page).  Just enter the flight number as TWAFREE.   Details are in the Pilot Handbook and available on the web page under "Inside TWA" and then "Pilot Resources". 

It's a great way to enjoy your favorite bird and be creative in your flight selections.  I use it alot.   ;)

Remember, they can use Thursday now too for TWVA Free Flight Weekend.

incident-prescription