Author Topic: MD-82 Repaint  (Read 6350 times)

Offline Michael Concannon /OVA5155

• View Profile
MD-82 Repaint
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »
The Payware Commercial Level Simulations MD-81 appears pretty accurate and has a good cockpit, both 2-D and virtual. it is bundled as an MD-81, but making some changes to the aircraft.cfg file can make it into an MD-82 quite easily, since dimensions are the same. A TWA texture is available, but none for OZARK.

As I have said about my previous repaints of the 707-300C and 727-200C, I am no expert but am learning.

SOOoooo - I ventured forth in an effort to get an OZARK MD-82; several pictures are available on the web.

To say this was a bear is justified. The unpainted texture (white) kit is in three fuselage sections, and making them line up was tough to say the least. In addition, since the OZARK striping passes across areas such as door sills, I had to work with adjusting color transparencies and many other experiments to get things to show through green/black painted areas. The tail logo was a total project in itself.

A coned model is an option, but I will reconfigure that from the current "duck butt" tail cone once I figure out the striping at the base of the tail. Pictures I have show OZARK models with a tail cone.

I still need to add N numbers to the engine cowlings, and work on the tail, where the top striping curves up to a peak at the base, rather than extending in a straight line to the end of the top of the fuselage. I also have not figured where the heck the textures are to paint the reinforcement ribs on the fiberglass radome!

Anyway, I think it is starting to look pretty good. The external features are much more detailed than the freeware models available, and the cockpit is quite accurate and functional.

More later, as I screw up, progress, screw up, etc --
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:00:59 PM by Michael Concannon /OVA5155 »
Gear DOWN
Flaps DOWN
Hook DOWN
Spoilers OFF

Offline Charlie Ford/TWVA-CEO

• Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View Profile
Re: MD-82 Repaint
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
Looking good. Cant help but notice that my former airline is in that picture as well ;) I flew 462 a couple of times in all honesty haha

Offline Tom Burrill/TWVA1981

• View Profile
Re: MD-82 Repaint
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
  Looking good to me painting is a foreign art to me but am glad to hear about the CLS MD as I have looked at it a few times. Keep up the good work Mike. :) :)

incident-prescription